Program Instructor Job Description
Download an application here
General Function: An instructor works as part of a team responsible for delivering top quality residential OEE camping programs.
Qualifications: College graduate or coursework and experience in a relevant field (Education, Recreation, Science, Environmental Education, Psychology, etc). Experience with youth and in the outdoors, positive attitude, high energy, enthusiastic, team oriented, service minded. A desire to work with children, adults and staff alike in an outdoor, community environment.
- Functions as part of a staff team to maintain and improve CYO Camp's programs, being alert to new program opportunities and responsive to evaluations.
- Assists in the continued development and delivery of the curriculum.
- Functions as a part of the entire Association. Participates in all program areas of CYO Camp or any other activities as assigned.
- Responsible for general facility and equipment upkeep on a daily basis. Maintains the center facility for safety and cleanliness including end of the session facility clean-up.
- Maintains a safe, high quality standard program for all guests of CYO Camp.
- Will be prepared to teach all curriculum areas through research, class outlines and peer observation.
- Class equipment and facility are well cared for and kept clean, energy efficient and orderly.
- Equipment and facility needs are communicated to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Participates in weekly staff meetings.
- Teaches curriculum areas of Natural Sciences, Environmental Stewardship, Community Building (including the low Challenge Course), Cultural and Living History.
- Develop positive, friendly, professional rapport with guests and fellow staff members.
- Provides a flexible program to adapt to the variety of needs and desires of our guests.
- Facilitates recreational activities and evening programs as scheduled for OEE groups.
- Weekly evaluations from teacher, cabin leaders and group leaders on class knowledge, presentation and professionalism are consistently high.
- Will perform the rotated duties of a staff member each week including dining hall skits.
- Will serve as part of other department activities when needed and assigned by the director of the program area.
- Functions as part of the staff team.
- Abides within the Personnel Policies of Catholic Charities CYO and CYO Camp.
- Maintain a clean living environment inside and outside of assigned living unit.
- May require serving as a cabin leader with students on a rotational basis (additional overnight compensation provided)
- May require working some weekends.